Water Heater Repair + Replacement
AMS Can Help Repair or Replace Your Hot Water Heater in Greenville & Upstate SC.
As your water heater ages, several issues may crop up which will require the services of a professional plumber. We suggest that you establish a regular maintenance plan to extend the life of your water heater system. Greenville and Upstate SC customers have relied on AMS for expert plumbing services, including water heater repair and replacement for residential and commercial customers.
- Sediment Buildup – depending on your water supply, sediment will build up in your tank. This needs to be periodically checked and flushed.
- Anode Rods – These should be inspected and replaced periodically to extend the life of your unit.
- Pressure Valve and Expansion Tank – Should be checked regularly.
- Leaks and Drips – May indicate a small problem, like a pressure valve has failed, or a larger problem, indicating that the tank has corroded and needs to be replaced.
- Gas Heater Pilot Light – This should be checked to make sure it is burning properly. A malfunction can cause the buildup of carbon monoxide gas.
When it's time to call a professional plumber...
If you are unsure of how to perform regular maintenance, you should call the professional plumbers at AMS for a thorough system check and maintenance. Not only will your unit last longer, but you will have a safer, more efficient hot water system. If you notice a leak, call us right away. Do not try to diagnose your problem without turning off the power supply and water supply.
When it's time to select a new water heater, the patient professional plumbers at AMS can help you navigate through the various options to help you decide on the right water heater for you and your family.
Selecting the Right Water Heater
When it comes time to replace your water heater, there are several options to consider. You must first determine how you want your hot water delivered. Do you want endless hot water or do you want it right away? What type of power source is available? If you choose a water storage system, how big should the tank be for your family?
- Tankless Water Heaters take up little space and provide an endless flow of hot water. A bit more expensive than a storage unit, it is also up to 30% more energy efficient. A tankless unit has a limited flow of hot water and may not be sufficient for larger households. Energy supply can be electric, gas or propane. Your new unit may last up to 20 years.
- Storage Water Heaters are the most common and least expensive types. Select a model with a high efficiency rating to minimize heat loss. The size should be suitable for your family, as the hot water will run out and needs to be resupplied after continuous use. Energy supply can be electric, oil, gas or propane. A good unit can last up to 15 years.
- Heat Pumps are the most energy efficient choice. A unit can save up to $300 per year in energy costs. Properly installed, the unit will efficiently move heat from one source to another. If not properly installed, which is too often the case — this type of hot water system can cause more harm than good. This system may last up to 15 years.
- Tankless Coil & Indirect are not a good choice in our warmer climate.
- Solar or Hybrid Water Heating Systems are the most energy efficient, but also the most costly selection. You may need a backup system to provide hot water when you don't have enough sun or storage to maintain your supply. This system can last up to 20 years.
Plumbing Systems Maintenance
Keeping your business and commercial Plumbing systems running 24x7x365 is our specialty at AMS. With a dedicated team of expert Plumbing technicians ready to serve you, we are able to respond quickly to any job big or small.
A service plan provided by AMS for your plumbing
offers preventive maintenance protection for your systems. Signing up means having professional technicians look out for all the most important mechanical equipment in your business.
With a bundled service plan, you'll enjoy the peace of mind in knowing that your critical business plumbing, electrical, heating and air conditioning systems are in optimal condition. Considering the low fee – and the protection from costly, untimely breakdowns – investing in a business equipment service plan makes great sense for your plumbing
and electrical systems